Since 2005 Premium Fresh Tasmania has developed and perfected new harvest and curing technologies that produces a superior quality brown onion for the Australian domestic and international markets. The innovative techniques, not used anywhere else in Australia, provide more reliable growing and curing conditions that enhance the flavour and bite of the Tasmanian onion, while improving the skin colour, skin retention and shelf life. Traditional difficulties associated with seasonality and variable growing conditions are overcome by curing the onions indoors in computer-controlled atmospheric conditions. This allows Premium Fresh Tasmania to provide a consistent, year-round supply of the highest quality brown onions available.
- Well-formed, single bulb with round shape
- Golden brown to brown outer skin colour
- Double layer of intact, papery outer skin
- Firm, crisp, white, semi-translucent flesh
- Strong flavour with enhanced 'bite'
- High level solids resulting in longer storage and shelf-life capabilities
- 'Topped' with stem trimmed to less than 50mm in length
- 'Long tops' with intact stems from 100mm - 150mm in length
- Roots trimmed to less than 10mm in length
Size and Quality Specifications:
Premium Fresh Tasmania brown onions are generally sized into 5 categories:
|Pickler||30mm - 45mm|
|Jarer||45mm - 60mm|
|Table||60mm - 75mm|
|Large||75mm - 90mm|
* Other size ranges available on request
Each size can be packed according to 4 separate quality specifications - Premium, A Grade, No 2 and Process.
- 1kg pre pack net bag
- 2kg pre pack net bag
- 10kg net bag
- 20kg net bag
- 15kg carton
- tonne wooden or plastic bin
- ½ - 1 tonne fabric bulk bag
- 20' bulk containers
* Other packaging options available on request
Pricing is based on current global and Australian domestic market prices at the time of application. Contract prices may be negotiated for long term supply arrangements.
Delivery in dry or humidity-controlled reefer road or ocean transport, direct to customer, as required.